To all our Guests, a warm welcome to Acorn Luxury Guest House in George. To help make your stay with us pleasant and comfortable, we kindly ask that you familiarise yourself with the information on this page. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Reception hours: 07:00 to 19:00 daily. During Peak season the reservations office would be open till 19:30 pm.
- Breakfast: A delicious full English and Continental breakfast is served daily from 7:30 to 10:00 on our wraparound wooden pool deck. (weather permitting). Guests with special dietary requirements are most welcome.
- Additional guests services are available: from picnic baskets to special activities, wellness treatment packages, Honeymoon packages etc. the sky is the limit!
- Guides: Tourists guides and guided tours can be provided on request.
- Airport transfers: R140 per trip – cash payment upon pick-up. Should you wish to add it to your bill the rate would be R200 per trip.
- Honeymoon package available: R350 – Roses, quality chocolates, sparkling wine and creamed whisky special for breakfast!
- PLEASE NOTE: 2 of our KING rooms are accessible by climbing stairs.
Check in and Check out times
- Check-in time: from 14:00 to 19h00.
- Check-out time: by 11:00 unless otherwise arranged.
- Late arrival: Please advise us of late-arrivals so arrangements can be made to ensure we are here to welcome you.
- For one night’s stay: 100% deposit is required, for 2+ 50% is required.
- Peak holidays: (Dec, Easter or special events) full pre-payment.
- Cash and all major credit cards are accepted, we regret no AMEX or Diners club cards & unfortunately no cheques.
- Accommodation is only confirmed once the deposit has been received.
- VAT: Please provide your VAT number, if applicable, for your VAT claim purposes.
- Proof of payment must be emailed or faxed to Acorn Guest House reservations office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +27 (0) 866 107854.
- We kindly request an ETA of all our guests or a contactable number to reach them (SA mobile number).
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Ours is fairly simple, but we ask you as our guests to keep in mind that once a room is booked it is no longer available to sell online.
- Our normal refund policy: Full refund if cancellation occurs 36 hours before reservation date.
- Non-refundable: However for large bookings (3 or more rooms) and or peak holidays (Dec , Easter and special events) – refunds will be given once rooms are rented out again.
- We regret no refund will be given for non-arrival and no show guests & 100% of total booking quoted is payable.
- Cancellation: Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com or by Fax +27 (0) 866 107854
We accept children of all ages. Children under 4 years stay for free breakfast included. Children between 12 – 16 years are charged R250.00 per child sharing with a parent, inclusive of breakfast.
Children sharing with parents the full family rate applies.
Need to Know
- All our rates include VAT and are quoted in South African Rands.
- All our rates at Acorn Guest House includes a full Continental and English Breakfast.
- Specific dietry needs: We will always try to accommodate your dietry needs, for our Halaal guest we use a separate pan for eggs and offer wonderful vegetarian dishes for breakfast … and our banters? adventure hike or mountainbike race? we will offer a BantingtoGo Brekkie!!
- Peak season: Minimum Stay of 3 evenings applies from 20 December -05 January every year.
- PLEASE NOTE: 2 of our King rooms are accessible by climbing stairs. Should you / any persons in your party have a problem climbing steps, please notify us when making a reservation, as we cannot guarantee alternative rooms on arrival.
What make us special
We are very accessible, situated in the hub of George and Garden Route, walking distance to top restaurants & Schools. 10 minutes drive to the beach. In close proximity to championship golf courses including Fancourt, Kingswood, Oubaai and George. Only 40-60 minutes drive from Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn, Victoria Bay, Wilderness, Knysna & Plettenberg Bay. Accommodation options from B&B, Honeymoon, Wheelchair and Self-Catering Suites. Concierge services available; We gladly assist with daily planning, bookings and recommendations with no extra costs to you.